Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let there be light fixtures!

It's been about a month or so since Josh began his electrical work journey. As much as I've enjoyed trying not to trip walking over these (below) for the past few weeks, I am so glad I can finally walk around at night without a flashlight!!! It's the little things. 
Try waking up in the middle of the night and NOT tripping on that. 
I'm not sad to roll up those cords and walk on unfinished floors. Unfinished floors, sigh. Again, it's the little things! The goal for this weekend was to get the electrical work semi-wrapped up for the right side of the house. Aka the side with the bedrooms and bathrooms. Josh had 2 fixtures and 2 fans to hang as well as putting outlets together. The outlets are pretty boring. Here is a before and after. I didn't get a chance to wipe down the walls yet so excuse the nasty smudges.
The middle bedroom and our bedroom each got fans. I know most people nowadays like to put fancy chandeliers or cool light fixtures, but in this old house with no insulation you NEED a fan. It's hot! In the front bedroom we put a light fixture - it's my dressing room, remember? I'll save that reveal for another post because I love how it turned out. Here's some before and after shots of the two bedroom fixtures.  Let's start with the master bedroom... P.S. The master bedroom isn't finished being decorated :)
Don't you love a ceiling fan that has a light bulb hanging down 3 feet from it? 
Maybe we can say goodbye to that little fan on the nightstand!  And the pink  blanket is on the bed for catching dust, not decorative purposes :)
And the middle bedroom.. I couldn't find a picture of the actual fixture all together because it broke the day we moved in. So, this is the best I could do. And, all I care to remember :) Who ever thought looking at ceiling fans could be so exciting to me?!

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be sleeping with ceiling fans once again!! Josh is back under the house doing one more thing and then we can turn them all on. Music to my ears! The best part of the whole thing was that we got the fans really cheap. I got one from overstock that was $90 and ended up getting it for $60. And we got the other from Lowe's for the same price. Gotta love watching sales!

We also went to a wedding this weekend. I love this picture of us :) Hope everyone had a good weekend!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS