Sunday, February 9, 2014

Living Room Reveal

Our living room is FINISHED!!! Let's celebrate with a post about it! :)

If you haven't been following along with all of our living room/built in/closing in a wall adventure, you can read more about that herehereherehereherehere, anddddd finally here.

Let's start with the view of the room if you are facing the sitting area of the living room. As you may remember, there was a pink wall covering over wood - we had to add sheetrock, we added a beadboard ceiling, and lighting/new electrical to the room - among many other things. It was our first time to hang drywall and I'd say we did pretty good for first timers. Here's our yucky room before. Notice the front door has never been painted fully - my guess is it used to be pink. Imagine that!


And after... 


Here are a few more before and after living space views. 

Before


After




Before 


After 


On our next wall, we added the project that took forever built ins. J built the whole thing and closed in that door that you see in the next picture. That door goes to a bedroom so that was totally awkward.


After
check out the ceiling & the new light fixture in the reflection of the tv - and can't forget my $29 sconce on the wall 




ob-sessed with my cabinet hardware



And, we can't forget about the ceiling. No before on this one.  You wouldn't believe the discussion that went into which way the beadboard would run. 


And there you have it, one more room to add to our accomplishments. This one was a doozy and I'm so glad it's finished and looking just like I had envisioned. For fun, let's compare my inspiration pic to how my built ins actually turned out.

Inspiration Pic 

Source Unknown

And my very own. 



Not too shabby in my opinion. There are still lots of little accessories I'd hope to pick up to add more to our coffee table, but for now, it's exactly what we need.  Hope you follow us to our next room :)

Oh, and if you missed any of our other completed rooms, you can check out our new dining room here and our bathroom renovation here.

32 comments:

  1. Love love love it! Y'all are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! You are just as talented with those paintings you did today!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome!!! You guys killed it! So inviting and perfectly styled...makes me want to
    Invite myself over for coffee ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mallory!! A few months ago I would've said meet me at Starbucks haha but now coffee by the fire in this room sounds magnificent! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like something from a magazine article! WOW! So proud of you, and Josh too. Haha. I love being a spectator to the progress. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eris...It's just stunning!! Those windows are amazing and the room is so bright & airy. You guys have the magic touch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Traci! I love those windows too... never mind that they don't open :)

      Delete
  5. I love it! I thought it would be hard for me to like another room more than the dining room but this room is just as lovely! I love the fresh color scheme. I can't wait to see what's in store next! I'm anxiously awaiting the kitchen transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can.not.wait to get my hands on that kitchen of ours!!!! But I do have an excuse to go out to dinner every night right now :) Next up we are doing a bedroom and then our bathroom! Thanks for always giving such nice compliments. Means a lot! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Completely worth all of the hard work. The whole room looks simply lovely. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks fantastic!!! Love the built-ins, the lighter color palette and the touches of gold. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kimberly! Had to balance the darkness of my dining room so I'm so glad I went with the lighter colors in here. Can't go wrong with touches of gold :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, you've done a fabulous job - your living room is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eris-It looks gorgeous!! Y'all did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I can't wait to see more pictures of your house as well!!

      Delete
  10. It's amazing! Love the mix of colors. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a great transformation!! love your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your style, Eris, you have a great eye for mixing elements! Closing in the door was such a great idea and made a huge difference! Beautiful job, thanks so much for sharing it at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! You're one of my favorites :) Thanks for having me! Your entry/foyer is in my dreams at night! Xoxo

      Delete
  13. Wow! What a difference. I love all the new changes. It looks just like a room I would see in a decorating magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee! That's an over the moon compliment :) Xoxo

      Delete
  14. amazing! spot on for your inspiration pic with the built ins, and I love the pillows/color combo on the sofa wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! If nothing else, I wanted to mirror that inspiration pic to my best ability! Xoxo

      Delete
  15. Eris, you crazy rock star....this is fantastic!!! Your home is really looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful!! Wow you guys really did a fantastic job recreating the inspiration look for the builtins. I love the ceiling too!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS