Thursday, June 13, 2013

A "before" tour

As you may have noticed, we have taken a little break this week. Josh is still at it with his electrical work, while I was busy cleaning and organizing... and packing for the beach! We leave Sunday for a week with my family. We so need this break. It'll be our only vacation this summer, so we are really excited about it! Thanks Mom and Dad :) So, I've decided to do a little "before" tour. Rather, a before tour of most of the house.

A lot of these pictures, I took on that very first day we got the keys to the house. You may have seen a few of these befores through some of the other projects I've shown. One thing you haven't seen... the bathrooms. Get excited!!!

Let's start with the main living areas of the house. When you walk into our back door, this is what you see. (You used to see that wall heater on the left wall as well, but that sucker is gone now!) Those little cabinets to the left are our pantry. I actually really like those cute little cabinets. If you were to look across the street from those little cabinets, you would find our laundry closet. What a view :)
And a little closeup of that snazzy tile. We have an entire box of these puppies left with the house. Woo hoo!
Here is what the kitchen looked like when we moved in. And this is what it still looks like. Minus new appliances and we pulled up the blue carpet in the keeping area. Fun fact - this is actually an update to the kitchen. It didn't always have this modern look. (Anyone catch my sarcasm?) The previous owner decided she wanted this galley kitchen feel. Personally, I can't wait to see it all gone. Except for the purse.
Anyone notice those nifty little fold up and down counter tops? Oh yes, they even have a little stand underneath them. Jealous?

And, if you thought I was exaggerating about the blue carpets. Here is your up close and personal. Brown stains, anyone?
Next up, we have the dining room. Not really sure why I only took a picture of this one wall. Maybe it's because I wanted to show this "feature wall" that has this wallpaper and molding. One thing I do love is that mirror. It stayed with the house. Can't wait to re-purpose it. 
Then, we have the living room. The living room is at the very front of the house. As you may notice, you can see some of the neighboring houses through the windows. Look closely in the second picture, see where the dead bolt is?
Next up, the hall bathroom. The hall bathroom is actually quite spacious. Once it's renovated, it'll be a great space. Doesn't everyone love a good carpet in the bathroom? I think I only have this one photo because I was scared to death of those drapes and that fringe. Partly kidding. I probably have a few more but I will save those for the future. 
We also have an en-suite bathroom. Usually when I think en-suite bath, I think luxury. In this case, I think more blue carpet and brass. Can't wait to do this bathroom soon. We pretty much have the door closed on this bathroom and pretend it isn't there for now. It's so compact. I guess its really all you need, right? :)
Side note, if you're in our kitchen, you can see our master bedroom. I wasn't sure how I felt about this, but after living with it, it's perfect that glass of water I seem to want every night. 

As for the upstairs, that deserves an entire post of its own. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS