Saturday, June 1, 2013

Progress

Although this is probably quite boring to most, this makes me feel AWESOME. I love progress. Even in the form of wallpaper. We have wallpaper in 75% of the house. We are even so lucky to have it on the ceiling in our bathroom! While I wouldn't call dealing with wallpaper easy, it definitely wasn't as frustrating as I had imagined. I researched and read A LOT about wallpaper removal. Those things terrify you! Perhaps I'm just so ready to see some changes that even wallpaper removal can be fun rewarding. I have to admit... I'll remove wallpaper all day before I have to sand a staircase again. More on that later.

Here's a before before. Blue carpets, pre-sanded floors, floor heater, and wallpaper.


I think this is the only picture I have without that bright light on! Anyone notice that old-fashion doorbell hanging to the left?
I was starting to get a little delirious after a while. This is the kind of thing that was making me happy. Seriously, it would make you happy too if you were in my shoes.
 
After 7 hours, this is where I am. I really need to take these pictures on an actual camera. These aren't the best. Anyone notice a difference yet?!
 

 
And if anyone was wondering about the mess, this is what it looked like before I put down a dropcloth. Yes, millions of little shreds. While the beach towel is cute, it certainly wasn't efficient. Don't worry, I wisened up.

If anyone was wondering what Josh was doing while I was doing this, he's working on organizing his tools... on my decorative bench.  
and mapping out the electrical work in our house.. it's the engineer in him I guess...
 

 As for Charles, he just takes naps and looks pretty :)
 
Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon, the hallway will be done! Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS