Friday, June 7, 2013

Where that hole comes from

So I realized after the fact, that I hadn't really explained where the big hole in the middle of our hallway came from. Well, I've come to answer your question! So, we had no central AC when we bought the house. Therefore, those huge heaters were all over the house. We had one in the kitchen wall as well but that one isn't nearly as interesting as this one. Here is what it looked like. See that big grill in the center of the floor?
Fun fact: we sanded the floors with that thing still in the floor. IMAGINE the dust that was trapped in there. Woof. I was so excited when Josh said we could finally take it out. Now, it didn't exactly just pop out. This thing was a beast. Who helped Josh? Me! Gloves and all. Here is Josh trying to remove screws and nails. Can you see the dust?
Here he is seeing how heavy it's going to be... Don't you love his work attire? Haha.
And voila.
This is what it looked like once we took it out. Then, we put it by the road and it was gone in 10 minutes. Apparently people must've caught on to the fact that we are constantly putting things at the road. Someone even picked up our carpet. With brown stains. 
 Anyway, back to the hole. And this is where Josh's most favorite activity started. Crawling in this hole and playing fixing electrical wires. If that's not a grin, I don't know what is. :)
 Lucky for you, I snapped some pictures of what was INSIDE of that hole - or under it, whatever. Brace yourself. Be thankful you weren't here to smell it.
Guess who had to scoop that out bucket by bucket? Not this girl.

After all that nastiness was out, Josh laid down some dirt to get rid of the water issue. Then, he put some supports in the hole to get it ready for the new wood floors. I have a feeling Josh will miss his little crawl space.
Don't you love a good photo story? I do. I have a feeling that one day I will forget all of these little details and all the steps we went through to get to the finished product. Luckily, I'll have this to look back on :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS