Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Living Room Demo

As much as I love reading about Thanksgiving table ideas and awesome food - what I'm really interested in is this demolition we have going on over here. Finished demo I might add. Yesterday morning I had approximately 5 minutes to snap some very horrible pictures before Josh started installing the drywall. Demo included: laying down paper on the floor to protect them (it takes longer than you think), ripping out all the wallpaper, removing all the existing crown molding (to be put back up after the drywall goes in), and removing the door frame for the door we are closing in. All in all, it probably took about 3 hours to demo from start to finish. I took a few wine breaks. And Josh finished my job of stripping the rest of the wallpaper down while I went shopping yesterday. :)

Notice they installed crown over more blue crown molding that goes hand-in-hand with the blue ceiling. 


If you notice a trend with the wallpaper removal, it stopped once I couldn't reach it anymore. In the next picture, that's all the crown molding we took down. Luckily I think only piece got damaged a tiny bit.




The blue ceiling that will soon be a bead board ceiling. In fact, I will be painting individual strips of wood that makes up the bead board all day today.



And this is the wall where our built ins and fireplace will be. Really anxious for this to come to life.


Here's we are now: yesterday Josh got about 3/4 of one wall drywall'ed and all that wallpaper down. Today's plan is that Josh is doing electrical work for the living room - he explained it to me and it didn't make sense so I'm not even going to attempt - then he will continue with the drywall if he has time. I, on the other hand, will be painting bead board till my hand falls off which is usually about after 30 minutes. Breaking is key.

Hopefully I have lots of updates coming for you very soon! If you follow me on Instagram, I usually put a few sneaks :) Hope everyone has a wonderful day preparing for Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for each and every one of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS