Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Half Update

Who's ready for some terrible iPhone pictures?! Last night we were applying the drywall mud onto the drywall - until 9:00. I was in charge of covering all of the holes where the screws were - all 1000 of them. Mind you, this is only coat 1 of the drywall mud. I hear (from Josh) it takes 4 coats total. Not to mention the sanding between each step. Sigh. This is where we left off last night. No, I'm lying. This where I left off. Josh continued to mud all the corners and around all the doorways and windows. He never stops!


I've heard and seen horror stories of people doing their own drywall hanging. Where I've seen it is in my very house on the ceilings - we're hoping we can prove to be a little bit better than that.

Something interesting to point out is to the left of that window, in the corner, just a couple of days ago, looked like this.


Funny to think what lives behind our walls sometimes huh? Anyway, I think I've settled on this light for the living room. Still haven't purchased sconces. Why do the ones I want have to be $350 a piece? Not gonna happen.
Meanwhile, I'm DESPERATE to start building the built in. On top of that, I think of all times my house has been chaotic and messy and dirty and dusty during this reno, this is the worst it's ever been as far as dust everywhere. Mom close your ears! Can anyone tell I'm exhausted and scatter-brained? And even through all of that dirt and stress, I'm thankful that I have the ability and am fortunate enough to make this renovation happen. Always look on the bright side :) 


5 comments:

  1. I know it is hard work, but it is so worth it. It is going to look amazing. And you are right, why is lighting so crazy expensive?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost makes me tempted to not do electrical sconces... Almost! :)

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting!! I'm in the same boat with my old house. Some place in my house is always a work in progress... but I'm always so thrilled with the results, so it's worth it. And that light is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love the enthusiasm at the beginning and ending of a project? It's the middle that seems to linger - and that's when I notice the mess. But love a good outcome! So worth it!

      Delete

  3. Seriously plenty of awesome advice!
    Appreciate it! An abundance of posts.

    Also visit my site : 풀싸롱
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS