Thursday, April 2, 2015

One Room Challenge Week One: Bathroom

Well, it's been forever since I've blogged about our house. We've been on a break of sorts. Right now, we have a full kitchen renovation going on and SURPRISE! we have our bathroom renovation going on as well.

If you're new here, my name is Eris and the short story is that we bought our "pink house" two years ago and have been renovating one room at a time. You can check out our progress in our home tour. Every single room needs/needed work and it's been so fun to update as we go. Up until now, we've done mostly all the work ourselves. Since we have a baby on the way (!!!! maybe I need to blog about that too?), we decided we needed to hire out to get our main bathroom and kitchen knocked out before August quickly arrives. Once our kitchen and bathroom are complete, the entire downstairs will be finished. When is anything ever really finished? We have lots of little projects to do as well before baby W gets here.

When this house was first built in the early 40s, this was the only bathroom in the house. It's a pretty huge space as far as old houses are concerned. The previous owners added on a few times and now we have 3 bathrooms; however, this one sits in the main hallway and will be "our" bathroom as well as the guest bathroom.

When we moved in, our bathroom had blue carpet. We ripped that out and lived with ram board alone on the floor for two long years. It's already come so far in the 5 week jumpstart we've had, but we still have a good few weeks left. Hopefully it's done by the end of this 6 week challenge!

In really bad form, I don't have adequate pictures of the before. But, you'll get the idea. I know somewhere I have pictures of the wallpaper on the ceiling, I'll try and dig them up! Sorry, but my husband and his boxers make an appearance in most of these.







I show you this toilet shot mainly to point out that the carpet was installed under the toilet. 


What you can't see in the pictures, is behind that entry door that swings open there is a big set of cabinets. Those were great, but they're already gone. The layout of the space is changing and the door will now swing open the opposite way. In a nutshell, the vanity is going where the cabinets used to be, the toilet shifted over a smidge, there will be a standalone shower where the tub/shower combo used to be and then a freestanding tub on the opposite side of the shower. Here's a look at the layout.


I don't have any pretty mood boards to show you. My pregnancy brain is just going with the flow on this one. All of our tile and lighting is already purchased, so I'll show you that soon. Next week, I will show you the demolition and drywall! This is my third time doing the One Room Challenge and I'm so excited to be back! I hope you'll follow along. Who knows, I may even sneak in some kitchen posts in between :)



10 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you are participating!! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to get this show on the road! Because we had to dismantle my dining room to store kitchen and bathroom supplies :/ It'll all be worth it though!!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy! Who ever thought to put carpet in a bathroom?! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess someone who liked to vacuum a lot :) The stains... Yuck! Thanks for following along!!

      Delete
  3. oh this is going to be fun! Can't wait to see where our bathroom remodels take us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue carpet got to go.... Good call.. Would love to see some of the kitchen Reno as well. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the hard work pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, carpeting in a bathroom is never a good idea. Way to take this on while pregnant- you have a great excuse to hand off anything you don't want to do :). Good luck over the next few weeks. Excited to see how this bathroom turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! I'm surprised our bathroom wasn't filled with mold when we ripped it apart. Yuck!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the baby news!! I hear ya on the break thing ;) I am excited to see what you come up with this ORC. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS