Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sconces

Is everyone tired of hearing me go on and on about my sconce dilemma? Or is it just me (and Josh)? Probably just Josh. In a nutshell, I wasn't going to pay $300 a pop for a sconce in a house - let's face it - that I probably won't live in forever. So while I drooled over these...

and these (especially these)
and these 


oh there's more


and finally.. 



Four - Twig - this one is anything but a twig of a price. $950! But really, you only need one :) There's my justification.

So number five was where I was leaning initially. And, at $130 a piece, it really wasn't priced terribly. But I struggled at first with whether or not I would get tired of the look so if I have an inkling of a doubt I know that it isn't the one for me. I even battled whether or not I needed to have an electrical sconce. Because plain ole candle sconces are so much cheaper, but we really want to be able to turn the overhead light off at night and just have lamps and the sconces and the fireplace as light. Sounds enticing, right?

So what did I end up choosing? 


A $29.99 a pop sconce from Home Depot. I know, it isn't as beautiful as the Delilah sconce above, but I think it'll get the job done. I'm obviously going to paint them gold to match everything else in the room as well. Haven't decided if I will spray them or gold leaf them just yet. Do you notice how they have the long skinny shape like the ones above? 

Maybe one day Santa will bring me those Delilah sconces, but until then, I'll just have to cherish the fact that I spent $60 total on sconces and I will get the same effect as before. And, there will be so much stuff to look at now in the room - that I wouldn't want anything to steal the show from my mantle, or at least that's what I'm telling myself :) 

What do you think? What would you have done?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS