Monday, August 12, 2013

A Chair Brought Back to Life

Remember when I told you about my desk as a nightstand? Well, I didn't have a chair to go with that desk. I started looking and looking - I wanted a Chinese Chippendale chair but I didn't have any luck in that department. And by luck I mean the money. If you don't know what I'm talking about... this is the beautiful piece of furniture I am talking about.

This little gem is found at Jonathan Adler

Why didn't I just scoop him up? Because he's $595-$695. There are some cheaper alternatives/knockoffs. Still just as pretty and only slightly less expensive. Here's a couple versions.

Wisteria's version for $419. 

Macau Arm Chair via Ballard Designs for $299.



So it isn't exactly what I ended up with. One day I will track down a set of these on eBay. Until then, I was at the mercy of my Mom's hand-me-downs. So last week she called me up and said I could have this little beauty. 


Well I put it next to the desk, and it's a bit of a shrimp. 


Oh well, it doesn't have to be right tucked up under the desk in the first place. The chair is allowed to float about the room. Anyway, obviously the chair needs a makeover. When I took the chair apart and got down to the original upholstery, this is what I found. Check out that maroon floral masterpiece. 


Out with the old and in with the new. Chalk paint was happening on the frame of the chair. 


Ta-da!



The shrimp and the desk will be matching reaaaalll soon. 


Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS