Monday, August 26, 2013

More walls

This may be the most glamorous post yet. Who doesn't get excited over cement board?! While I have a few more updates to show you this week with the bathroom, lets start off small.

I feel like this is partly my project since technically I helped carry it out of the store. Side note about our trip to the store to buy this particular cement board. We were in Josh's jeep. That thing isn't necessarily equipped for hauling things. Anyway, after I managed to help Josh to put the two sheets of cement board onto the cart in Home Depot (your hands get very chalky) and check out - Josh and I were trying to put the cement board in the back of the jeep when this guy comes up to us and says to Josh "Oh, do you need help with that? I hate when I bring my wife with me to Home Depot". Now, if you know me personally, you know my face was making all kinds of expressions. Needless to say, this rude person helpful guy assisted Josh in loading the cement board into the jeep and we went about our merry way. This is one of those times I have to remind myself that the gesture was kind. Can you believe?

Anyway, I've been waiting very patiently for Josh to put up the cement board around the tub. TILE TILE TILE is all my little brain has been chanting. Maybe it was the unappealing site of the wooden boards or the pink insulation (was that insulation?) that had me turned off, but I was ready to close the walls on up.

So we go from this...


To this... 


Another view. Before and after... 


Imagine having to drill all those screws into the wall. That was Josh's job. My job was listening to it. Holy headache.  




If that just didn't do it for you, here's a few pics of my weekend fun. Cheers to Monday (while dreaming of girls night)!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS