Friday, August 2, 2013

Desk as a Nightstand

As I mentioned before, I'm having a hard time deciding what to in the middle bedroom with this desk. Here's a reminder of where the desk is living right now. 

Looks dumb. 

I also talked about lack of furniture in this room. So does anyone have any thoughts about a desk as a nightstand? What if I added some decorations and a lamp? 

Here's the thing, we don't really need a formal desk space anymore. Josh finished his MBA in May - yay Josh! - so he doesn't have homework/papers/studying to do anymore. And when we wanna get on the Internet, we use our laptops. So the desk is more of a formality for that docking station and screen Josh had to have. Boys and their toys. 

So my thought is to move the desk next to the bed, buy a new chair (because the dining room table would like it's chair back), and decorate. In fact, I have just the lamp. It just needs a little spray paint TLC. 

Here's what I'm thinking. A few inspirations I saw on Pinterest. 


Pinterest
Pinterest
Pinterest

Pinterest

This picture gives me extra excitement over the picture wall and Greek key fabric. I love a Greek key. 
After seeing all those awesome white desks, I'm thinking, maybe I should chalk paint this desk? I think maybe chalk painting it and then having a funky chair with some type of fabric on the seat or as a pillow? Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS